The U.P. Sunrise Cottages is a great home base for a snowmobiling adventure in the Upper Peninsula!
Here is a quick rundown of the Frequently Asked Questions we get from snowmobilers:
- Where are you located?
- How far are you from the snowmobile trails?
- Is there food and fuel nearby?
- Do you have parking for snowmobile trailers?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are the amenities of the cottages?
Where are you located?
We are located in the central Upper Peninsula, less than a mile from Trail 8 in Little Lake. Trail 8 will connect you to anywhere you want to ride: Munising, Pictured Rocks, Marquette, Big Bay, Houghton, and so on. We are about 25 miles from Marquette, and about 40 miles from Munising.
How far are you from the snowmobile trails?
You can ride right out of the resort to access Trail #8 (see map) in less than two minutes along the shoulder of County Rd 456, with the option of riding the powerline right of way most of the way to the trail.
Is there food and fuel nearby?
Brown’s Store is just minutes away for fuel, basic groceries, butcher counter, premade sandwiches and pasty pies. Right next door to Brown’s, The Throttle Bar and Grill is popular for some post-ride grub (don’t forget to bring your snowmobile club sticker for the wall in the restroom).
Do you have parking for snowmobile trailers?
Some of the cottages have room to park a truck and trailer right at the cottage. There is additional pull-through parking available for several large trailers along our driveway.
Cottages with the most parking:
|#6||Truck and very large trailer or two trucks with smaller trailers|
|#7a||Two trucks with smaller trailers|
|#4||One truck with medium-large trailer|
|#8||One truck with medium trailer|
|#1,2,3,7b||Only vehicle parking available at cottage|
Because we understand that snowmobilers are usually visiting the area for just one reason, we have a special cancellation policy for snowmobilers.
- Cut-off date for full refund: 14 days before arrival.
- 100% refund if cancelled on or before cut-off date, less any credit card processing fees up to 3% of the original payment.
- Cut-off date for partial refund: 7 days before arrival
- A one-night charge applies. Additional nights and cleaning fee are refunded 100%.
- Cancellation within 7 days of arrival
- If our local trial groomers report that trail conditions are poor, we will notify you and give you the option of moving your reservation to another date later in the winter, or receiving a full refund.
- Otherwise, any cancellations within 7 days of arrival are non-refundable.
For the special snowmobiler cancellation policy to apply, you must indicate that you are a snowmobiler in the Comments/Questions section at the time of booking.
What are the amenities of the cottages?
Each of the cottages has a fully equipped kitchen, and the accommodations vary from two to four bedrooms and room for five to ten people. Bed linens and bath towels are provided. Click here for photos and a description of each cottage. Click here for availability and a summary of rooms and beds.