U.P. Sunrise Cottages consists of eight quiet, cozy lakefront cottages in the heart of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, on spring-fed Farmers Lake. Let us be your family-friendly vacation destination, or your home base for exploring all the U.P. has to offer! Open year-round.
- Bed linens and bath towels
- Fully equipped kitchens
- Deck with a view of Farmers Lake
- High speed internet with Wi-Fi and smart TV
- Sandy beach
- Swim area with aquapark
- Boats (kayaks, tandem kayaks, kid kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boats, canoes, row boats)
- Basketball hoop
- Yard games
- Paved driveway for kids’ bikes and scooters
- Charcoal grills and grill tools
- Firewood and roasting sticks
- Fishing dock and fish cleaning station
- Private boat launch; Other public fishing lakes nearby
Popular Area Attractions
- Pictured Rocks in Munising (an hour drive)
- Glass-bottomed boat and kayak tours
- Hiking and beaches
- Marquette (half hour drive)
- Hiking, mountain biking, beaches, shopping, etc.
- Further away: Big Bay, Kitch-iti-kipi, Copper Harbor, Porcupine Mountains, Tahquamenon Falls, Fayette
- Winter activities
- Cross country skiing
- Downhill skiing
- Ice Fishing
- Ice Climbing
Extended Stay Options
- Business travelers
- Digital nomads / work from anywhere
- Temporary lodging when buying / selling a home
Food and Supplies
- Little Lake (one mile away)
- Brown’s Store has fuel, fishing bait and licenses, basic groceries, and meat from the butcher.
- The Throttle bar and grill is right next door.
- Gwinn (12-15 minutes away)
- Larry’s grocery, Family Dollar, Dollar General
- Several restaurants, including the UP North Lodge, Poppi’s Pizzeria Mozzi, Shannon’s, Daisy Joe’s and more!
- Marquette (30 minutes away)
- Walmart, Meijer, Target, etc.
- Great variety of restaurants
“The afternoons were filled with laughter from the kids playing on the beach and the aqua park. The evenings were filled with fishing, kayaking, canoeing and sitting by the fire pit talking and making s’mores with the other guests. After spending almost a week with Angie, Jeff, and their family at U.P. Sunrise Cottages, I can tell you that what they have created is an atmosphere unlike I’ve experienced anywhere else. The day we left we had already decided this would be a yearly trip.” -Gavin D.
“Exceeded our expectations! … Cabins include all necessary amenities, are clean and cozy. There are lake toys for all ages, [boats], clean sand beach with kids toys, and of course the aqua park…Very kid friendly, Angie is amazing, just expect to relax and enjoy if you’re lucky enough to visit here.”–Anna F.
“This is the most amazing place to rent for families with children and grandkids! Angie and Jeff are AMAZING hosts! The cabins are so great! … The kids are already asking when we can go back up.” –Debbie M.
Watch the sun come up with a warm cup of coffee, go for an early morning paddle, and take advantage of the areas’ many attractions and local restaurants! Come back to relax with a book on the beach, watch your kids play for hours on the aquapark, and end the day with s’mores over the campfire! We want you to feel right at home and have an amazing family vacation with us! Come and catch a sunrise with us!